WE’RE HIRING: PRINTSHOP COMMUNITY MANAGER
AS220 Printshop Community Manager (40 hours – Temp to Hire**)
The Printshop Community Manager’s primary responsibility is to plan and organize resources of the Printshop on many time scales: everything from day-to-day operations to weekly workshops, monthly meetings, seasonal scheduling, and annual budgets and events. The ideal candidate would be seasoned in organizing people and have skills in the printing processes taught at the Printshop.
The Printshop is part of the AS220 Industries, a self-sustaining, earned income approach to building community and providing resources and education around a variety of crafts and media. The Industries is comprised of two other programs: AS220 Media Arts and AS220 Labs. Program Leaders work together to identify best practices and standardize systems around access, membership and programming while focusing on the individual needs of their respective programs. The manager reports to the Industries Director.
Responsibilities fall into the following areas:
- Coordinate all aspects of scheduling and promotion of a program of affordable public workshops
- Coordinate printshop-specific internships or assistantships
- Collaborate with Youth Studios staff on printmaking-related youth programming
- Organize public events to engage new community members and galvanize existing members (for example, Drink and Ink or printmaking activities at events like PVD Fest or Foo Fest)
- Shadow and assess classes, review course evaluations
- Run regular Keymember meetings and participate in open houses and special events
- Assist communications director with internal printing as needed
- Making long term plans for printshop programming and facilities needs
- Oversee the upkeep and maintenance of very active community printshop facilities and equipment
- Collaborate with staff and development office on resource-raising
- Coordinate Keymembers involvement in maintaining facilities
- Manage for-hire printing opportunities with printshop members
AS220 has an equal pay policy: all full-time staff are paid $18.50 per hour with benefits, including health care, generous and flexible paid time off, and opportunities for professional development.
To apply please send:
Resume and Cover Letter. Candidates should spend time on as220.org, industries.as220.org, before applying
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of AS220.
**Position is currently a temporary role and may transition to a permanent placement position.
To apply for jobs at AS220, please send all materials requested in the specific position descriptions below to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be faxed to 401-454-7445, or be mailed or hand delivered to:
95 Mathewson Street #204
Providence, RI 02903
Prospective candidates should spend some time on our web site, as220.org, before applying.