We’re Hiring – Line Cook
AS220 FOO(D): LINE COOK
AS220 Foo(d) is an eatery that embraces the values of the organization and recognizes the outreach potential inherent in a mission aligned food program. In light of our mission to support local artists and entrepreneurs, we look to our local New England farms and food artisans to provide our quality ingredients. Menu items are created using the freshest local ingredients available and as the seasons change, so our daily specials and menu also change. The physical space consists of a 340 sq ft counter/kitchen area and a 1300 sq ft seating area. The kitchen is OPEN. The atmosphere is casual and family friendly. Part of the aim of the food program is to create an opportunity for meaningful food service training and work experience for young people participating in our AS220 Youth program.
AS220 Foo(d) Staff are expected to positively represent not only the restaurant, but AS220 as a whole, while on and off the clock. As such, while at work, and coinciding with the upholding of an exceptional level of customer service, all staff are expected to politely and courteously greet, engage, assist, serve, and thank all patrons, performers, fellow staff members, participants of any of AS220’s programming, residents, etc. Staff is responsible for the running of AS220 Foo(d) in accordance with our mission, values, policies and practice.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Daily preparation and proper use of ingredients
- Variety of cooking styles including searing, poaching, grilling, braising, brining, etc.
- Preparing meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables
- Understanding and upkeep of restaurant health codes
- Interacting with guests while cooking as appropriate
- Contributing new ideas for daily special dishes
- Articulating a passionate understanding of the AS220 mission and programming
- Running the kitchen if a Manager or Supervisor is not present
- Maintaining a high standard of personal cleanliness and neat appearance at all times
- Proper control of waste
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2+ years of restaurant cooking experience including saute.
- Be ServSafe Certified (certification available at http://www.servsafe.com/), not required but preferred.
- Be a flexible team player, comfortable taking direction or leading as appropriate
- Be enthusiastic about local sourcing of ingredients
- Believe that those with food allergies and restrictions have equal rights in restaurants
- Be able to articulate a passionate understanding of the AS220 mission
Compensation: The Line Cook is a part time position with compensation of $12.00 per hour plus a share of tips.
To apply Please Send: Resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration. Candidates should spend time on as220.org before applying
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of AS220.