We’re Hiring: Grants Associate
AS220 Grants Associate (Part Time 15-20 hours per Week)
The Grants Associate is a part-time position (15-20 hours per week) that works in close collaboration with AS220’s Director of Development and Grants Manager to support AS220’s fundraising strategies, including focused grant writing for our All Access campaign. The position supports other development activities as needed, including fundraising events. The application period for this jobs ends on Friday, August 3rd.
About AS220 and the All Access campaign:
AS220 is a non-profit community arts organization located in downtown Providence, Rhode Island. We are an unjuried, uncensored forum for the arts: a space to access tools, technology and knowledge; a space to come together, collaborate, innovate, experiment and take risks. AS220 envisions a just world where all people can realize their full creative potential. AS220 offers artists opportunities to live, work, exhibit and perform in our facilities, including: four rotating gallery spaces, a performance stage, a black box theater, a print shop, a darkroom and media arts lab, a fabrication and electronics lab, a dance studio, a youth program focusing on youth under state care and in the Rhode Island juvenile detention facility, 47 affordable residential spaces and 7 work studios for artists, and a bar and restaurant.
Our All Access campaign focuses on AS220’s flagship Empire Street building, which was opened by AS220 in 1993. The building contains multiple performance venues, the AS220 Youth program, 11 residential units, our bar and restaurant, and more. The $5 million campaign, to be completed by end of 2019, speaks to AS220’s dearly held values of access and equity, and the core purposes of the campaign itself: to improve the physical accessibility of our Empire Street spaces; to ensure artists have greater access to opportunities to exhibit and perform; and to create an Access Fund, allowing us to continue providing our creative community with affordable access to AS220’s dynamic programming, while remaining agile and responsive to community needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Grant Writing and Reporting
- Regularly review grants calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, grant applications, and reports
- Developing and writing grant applications to foundations and other grant-making organizations, with a special emphasis on the All Access campaign
- Researching and identifying potential grant opportunities
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters of support, proposals, budgets, and other necessary documents
- Writing and submitting grant reports
- Assisting with other fundraising and development activities as needed, such as fundraising events, preparation of fundraising appeals, conducting prospect research, assisting with acknowledging gifts, etc
Experience and Qualifications
- 1-3 years grant writing experience preferred
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding applications in a clear, succinct and compelling manner
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential; attention to detail is a must
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- A high level of computer literacy required
- Ability to seek and synthesize information
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively in an open office environment
- Organized and community-minded thinker and communicator, able to balance interpersonal needs with administrative deadlines
- Ability to handle donor and personal information with sensitivity and confidentiality
- Affinity to AS220 mission and programs
AS220 has an equal pay policy: all non-profit staff are paid $18.50 per hour with benefits that include generous and flexible paid time off, and opportunities for professional development.
To Apply Please Send: Resume and Cover Letter
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of AS220.
To apply for jobs listed here, please send all materials requested in the specific position descriptions below to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be faxed to 401-454-7445, or be mailed or hand delivered to:
95 Mathewson Street #204
Providence, RI 02903
Prospective candidates should spend some time on our web site, AS220.org, before applying.