WE’RE HIRING: DISHWASHER (PART-TIME)
AS220 Foo(d): Dishwasher
AS220 Foo(d) is an eatery that embraces the values of AS220 and recognizes the outreach potential inherent in a mission-aligned restaurant. To the extent possible, we look to our local New England farms and food artisans to provide our quality ingredients while still keeping our menu affordable and accessible. Menu items are created using the freshest local ingredients available and change seasonally. The physical space consists of a 340 sq ft counter/ kitchen area and a 1300 sq ft seating area. The kitchen is OPEN. The atmosphere is casual and family friendly.
AS220 Foo(d) Staff are expected to positively represent not only the restaurant, but AS220 as a whole, while on and off the clock. As such, while at work, and coinciding with the upholding of an exceptional level of customer service, all staff are expected to politely and courteously greet, engage, assist, serve, and thank all patrons, performers, fellow staff members, participants of any of AS220’s programming, residents, etc. Staff are responsible for the running of AS220 Foo(d) in accordance with our mission, values, policies and practice.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Wash dishes in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain cleanliness of the dish area at all times; assist with nightly cleaning of kitchen
- Restocking dishes quickly and regularly to maintain an efficient kitchen flow
- Bus tables if guests do not bus their own dishes
- Upkeep the water station
The ideal candidate will:
- Be hardworking, punctual and reliable
- Have an interest in food and be interested in learning
- Be a flexible team player, comfortable taking direction
- Have a positive attitude, be friendly and demonstrate common sense in working with the public
- Be able to articulate a passionate understanding of the AS220 mission
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of AS220.