AS220 has one affordable live studio, available immediately on the communal floor at 115 Empire Street in Providence.
The current vacancy is 324 square feet and the rent is $414 per month plus a $10 per month kitty contribution for cleaning supplies and various other communal expenses. You have no utility costs.
The unit falls under affordable/subsidized conditions, meaning the GROSS income of the resident cannot exceed $30,360. It also must be your primary residence. Residential artists must be committed to a cooperative living structure since you share the floor with 11 other people. Aside from paying your rent on time each month each artist/tenant is responsible for 5 hours per month in community service to AS220, for respectful use of common facilities, for completing assigned/shared chores for the common spaces on the floor and attendance at monthly floor meetings. There is no parking included, it is a non smoking building and no pets are allowed. Given the fact the space is on the communal live floor it is for single occupancy only. You must be 21 years or older to apply to this vacancy.
Applicants must submit a portfolio of their work and the application due by November 16th at Midnight either via email, hand delivered or mailed to:
attn: Susan Clausen
95 Mathewson Street #204
Providence, RI 02903
or via email to email@example.com
Online support materials are fine and are actually encouraged.
Each applicant must submit a number of documents showing your income and assets as outlined by the HOME program:
- 1 (one) years personal TAX RETURNS with all schedules
- 2 (Two) years business TAX RETURNS (IF SELF-EMPLOYED), Seasonal Worker (e.g., construction, etc.)
- Current Profit and Loss Business Statement and Balance sheet (IF SELF-EMPLOYED)
- Two Months most recent Pay Check Stubs (for ALL ADULT INCOME EARNERS)
- Students over age 18, documentation of full or part time status
- Documentation of other sources of income, (e.g., SSA/SSI benefit letters, Child Support, etc.)
- Two Months recent checking account statements (for ALL ADULT INCOME EARNERS)
- Two Months recent savings account statement (for ALL ADULT INCOME EARNERS)
- Retirement statements (e.g., 401(k), IRAs, etc.)
- Other asset sources
Don’t let list this scare you. You can contact us with any questions.