While AS220 Venues aren’t yet fully reopened to pre-pandemic operations, we are now hosting “Streaming Sessions” in the Black Box with audiences of up to 30. Due to the limited audience size, tickets will be pre-sold online.
Our streaming / recording set up is a multi-camera, multi-audio channel recording at the AS220 Black Box at 95 Empire Street. Here’s a little sample of what it looks like. The stream is free for folks to access but donations are encouraged and we put up a donation link on the video. The streams go out to AS220’s digital platforms (Youtube, Instagram, Facebook). They remain online following the performance and AS220 can also send the video / audio files to you.
For sessions with a limited audience: Audience members must remain masked at all times and performers must be masked when not performing. Food and Drink are not permitted in the Black Box. We encourage patrons to hang out at the restaurant prior to door time for the show.
To maintain accessibility, performers can also choose to have their sessions in a closed environment without an audience. The option also remains to record sessions and air them at a later date after they are edited.
We hope to have an update soon about venues opening to larger audience cap sizes.
For booking inquiries email Booking@as220.org
To get an idea of what a Streaming Session looks like, check out our YouTube playlist of every session so far below (hover and click the “playlist” icon at top right of video to scroll through sets)!
If you are interested in setting up a Streaming Session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Guidelines for Streaming Sessions:
– Masks must be worn when not performing.
– Social distance of 6+ feet must be maintained at all times.
– Thorough AV check necessary. This means performers must be on time! Load-in / check specifics handled on a show by show basis, but will generally be 2-3 hours prior to showtime.. We also need any digital files or materials for your show such as tracks or images for projections at least 2 days in advance. If performers show up later than the agreed upon recording schedule the recording time will be forfeited.
– Sharing backline (when applicable) is very encouraged, to reduce downtime between acts.
– Artists are encouraged to bring their own microphone whenever possible. Sharing microphones between artists is not permitted.
Opportunities: What we are offering
– A unique way to connect artists and audiences
– High-quality multi-camera, multi track streaming to AS220’s social media channels.
– No paywall to performances, but donations accepted.
– A download of the performance. (Multi-track stems available).
– We can shoot short interviews w/ artists pre-show, to air between performances