The 115 Empire St Performance Space
AS220’s Performance Space at 115 Empire is more than just a music venue. Our stage and galleries are an uncensored and unjuried forum, offering every artist residing in our small state an opportunity to perform or exhibit their original work within our walls. The 115 Empire Street Performance Space hosts eight to ten events each week. We program all genres of music and a wide variety of events, including monthly Geek Dinners (a networking event for local tech leaders to share ideas), monthly sewing circles, monthly comedy series, drop-in weekly figure drawing sessions, film screenings, poetry slams, panel discussions and more! AS220 also hosts events curated by local record labels, radio stations, and shops including Armageddon Shop, Brown Student & Community Radio (BSR), and Tor Johnson Records on a floating basis.
Regular programming at 115 Empire includes
- Empire Revue: 1st Sunday of each month.
- Open Life Drawing: Every Tuesday 6-8:30pm, bring your own materials and draw from a live model
- Open Sewing* Circle: 1st Tuesday of the month 9pm FREE hosted by Justine Leigh
- LuLz! Comedy Night: 1st Wednesday of the month 9pm-ish, hosted by Randy Bush
- Is This Jazz?: 1st Friday alternating months (Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct, Dec) “Investigating the outer limits of what jazz can be” A series hosted by Ben Shaw
- Free Speech Poetry Slam and Open Mic: 1st & 3rd Thursdays of each month hosted by Providence Poetry Slam group
- Songwriters In The Round: 2nd Thursday of the month, an acoustic singer/songwriter showcase hosted by RISA (Rhode Island Songwriter Association)
- Traditional Irish Music: Free live music, hosted by Jimmy and Hannah Devine, with Mark Roberts, Andrea Cooper, Teddi Scobi and friends, every Saturday (except the first Saturday of the month) at Foo(d) and The Bar at AS220, 115 Empire St
- RHD open studio Tuesdays & Thursdays 10:30am-1:30pm FREE (except 1st Tuesday of the month)
All programming is subject to change, check our online calendar for up to date details and late-breaking additions!
Jacob Nathan – Director of Live Arts
Email: jacob.nathan(at)as220.org /// Phone: 401-831-9327
Morgan Sean Ryan Memorial Fund
Contributions to the Morgan Sean Ryan Memorial Fund enhance the public programming at the AS220 Performance Space. The Fund enables us to bring well-known national acts and/or offer a free or reduced cover charge for events. Many of the bands we receive requests to book for a special event require guarantees to perform; donations to the Morgan Sean Ryan Memorial Fund enable us to bring these acts to AS220. AS220 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.