AS220 is proud to announce its partnership with The Historic Haus of Glitter Performance Lab + Parq (former Esek Hopkins Homestead + Park) as a satellite outdoor space for AS220 Dance + AS220 Youth programming. The Glitter Goddess Collective + Haus of Glitter Dance Company is known for their strong partnerships in our community; as well as their mission to decolonize creativity and create accessible space for healing, transformation, and Queer-Feminist-BIPOC-centered programming. This partnership would not be possible without the PARKIST Artist Residency with the Providence Parks Department & Department of Art+Culture+Tourism. For more information on the Glitter Goddess Collective and the Historic Haus of Glitter Performance Lab, check out: https://www.theglittergoddesscollective.org/magic/hausofglitterperformancelab
Outdoor classes are held at the Haus of Glitter Performance Lab + Parq at 97 Admiral Street, Providence, RI. Classes for 2021 will begin May 24th.
For free parking, please park in the overflow lot (or Dunkin) near the playground and walk to the north lawn behind the yellow haus in the parq.
COVID-19 precautions for the health & safety of our community:
- We expect participants to practice physical distancing of 6-14 ft since masks may not be possible for everyone during physical activity.
- Please bring a reusable water bottle, towel, and any other materials you need for class.
- Please bring personal hand sanitizer – limited hand sanitizer available on site.
- Please use the restroom before arrival as public restrooms are not available in the parq.
- If you are feeling sick, you must stay home.
- All attendees must pre-register and sign up for classes on the Mindbody app / site.
- Upon arrival, you will be asked to sign in and provide a contact email for contact tracing purposes only.
Afro / Dancehall Fusion w/ Brianlee Martinez at 5:30 pm
Ballet Outside w/ Ann Ditmars-Huyck at 5:00 pm
Slay Flow w/ Matt Garza at 9:00 am
Contemporary Dance w/ Lea D’Arminio at 10:30 am (Starting June 17th)
Traditional West-African Dance w/ Assi Coulibaly at 5:30 pm
Parkour w/ Trent Lee at 9:00 am
Contemporary Dance Outside w/ Stephanie Turner at 10:30 am
Femme Hip Hop w/ Patty Soben at 12:00 pm
Realign the Body/ Mind w/ Nicole Laliberté at 10:00 am (Starting June 6)