AS220 is proud to announce its partnership with The Historic Haus of Glitter Performance Lab + Parq (former Esek Hopkins Homestead + Park) as a satellite outdoor space for AS220 Dance + AS220 Youth programming. The Glitter Goddess Collective + Haus of Glitter Dance Company is known for their strong partnerships in our community; as well as their mission to decolonize creativity and create accessible space for healing, transformation, and Queer-Feminist-BIPOC-centered programming. This partnership would not be possible without the PARKIST Artist Residency with the Providence Parks Department & Department of Art+Culture+Tourism. For more information on the Glitter Goddess Collective and the Historic Haus of Glitter Performance Lab, check out: https://www.theglittergoddesscollective.org/magic/hausofglitterperformancelab
Outdoor classes are held at the Haus of Glitter Performance Lab + Parq at 97 Admiral Street, Providence, RI. The first session will run for 5 weeks starting September 14th! For free parking, please park in the overflow lot (or Dunkin) near the playground and walk to the north lawn behind the yellow haus in the parq.
COVID-19 precautions for the health & safety of our community:
- We encourage folks to register for the 5 class series to create consistent pods of participation in each class series offering
- We expect participants to practice physical distancing of 6-14 ft since masks may not be possible for everyone during physical activity.
- Please bring a reusable water bottle, towel, and any other materials you need for class.
- Please bring personal hand sanitizer – limited hand sanitizer available on site.
- Please use the restroom before arrival as public restrooms are not available in the parq.
- If you are feeling sick, you must stay home.
- Upon arrival, you will be asked to sign in and provide a contact email for contact tracing purposes only.
In the event of rain or weather classes will be offered online or recorded and sent to registrants. Refunds aren’t possible– Your registration is greatly appreciated! You are supporting artists and dancers during an incredibly difficult time.
Because the outdoor series is a new experiment / arrangement with a programming partner we aren’t able to take Brown IDs or old class cards. When the studio opens up on Empire Street we will once again be able to take IDs and can honor prior purchased class cards.
Yoga for Decolonization – Mondays at 7:30 am – 8:30 am
Intermediate Ballet – Mondays at 4:45 pm – 6:00 pm
1-on-1 BIPOC Yoga (By Donation) – Tuesdays at 7:30 am – 8:30 am
West African Dance Series – Tuesdays at 6:00 pm – 7:15 pm
1-on-1 Yoga for All Bodies (By Donation) – Wednesdays at 7:30 am to 8:30 am
Outdoor Hip Hop – Wednesdays at 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm
Street Jazz – Thursdays at 5:00pm to 6:30 pm
Contemporary Fundamentals – Saturdays from 9:30 am – 10:30 am
Contemporary Dance Outside – Saturdays at 10:30 – 12:30 pm
Ballet Workout Outside – Saturdays at 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Intermediate Ballet Outside – Saturdays at 4:00 pm – 5:15 pm