FOO(D) IS HIRING: COUNTER STAFF
Foo(d) Counter Staff – Part time
Hours Per Week : 5- 20, varying | Hourly Rate: $10 per hour + tips
AS220 Foo(d) is an eatery that embraces the values of the organization and recognizes the outreach potential inherent in a mission aligned food program. In light of our mission to support local artists and entrepreneurs, we look to our local New England farms and food artisans to provide our quality ingredients. Menu items are created using the freshest local ingredients available and as the seasons change, so our daily specials and menu also change. The physical space consists of a 340 sq ft counter/kitchen area and a 1300 sq ft seating area. The kitchen is OPEN. The atmosphere is casual and family friendly. Part of the aim of the food program is to create an opportunity for meaningful food service training and work experience for young people participating in our AS220 Youth program.
AS220 Foo(d) Staff are expected to positively represent not only the restaurant, but AS220 as a whole, while on and off the clock. As such, while at work, and coinciding with the upholding of an exceptional level of customer service, all staff are expected to politely and courteously greet, engage, assist, serve, and thank all patrons, performers, fellow staff members, participants of any of AS220’s programming, residents, etc. Staff is responsible for the running of AS220 Foo(d) in accordance with our mission, values, policies and practice.
The Counter Staff are a critical piece in our outreach strategies. They are expected to provide excellent customer service and play a role in creating a unique space that celebrates food and drink as art and as a building block of community.
Specific responsibilities fall into the following areas:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Take orders
- Serve food
- Bus tables
- Maintaining dining area, outdoor seating, and kitchen & counter area cleanliness
- Accurate cash handling
- Maintain a high standard of personal cleanliness and present a neat, professional appearance at all times.
- Keep AS220 informational materials accessible to customers and be familiar with and able to answer questions about all areas of programming at AS220
- Be willing to help with food prep, dishes, etc
The ideal candidate will:
- Minimum two years wait staff experience
- Be friendly and able to make all kinds people feel welcome
- Be able and interested in talking about food and the arts
- Be helpful and able to provide a mentoring role to young people who are training through the youth program
- Be able to articulate a passionate understanding of the AS220 mission
- Experience using point of sales system
- Be able to multitask efficiently (answering phones, taking orders, communicating effectively with cooks)
- Possess the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Be highly organized and efficient with time management
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Serv safe certified a plus
- Have Tues-Sat availability and ability to work nights and weekends
- Possess the ability to work well as part of team and assist co-workers with and without being asked
Prospective candidates should spend some time on our web site, AS220.org, before applying.
To apply for any jobs listed here, please send any materials requested in the specific position descriptions below to email@example.com. Applications can also be faxed to 401-454-7445, or be hand delivered to:
95 Mathewson Street #204
Providence, RI 02903