A mindful blend of somatic practices including Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement®, Bartenieff Fundamentals, stretching, some yoga and breathwork to realign the body/mind, de-stress, reduce chronic pain and anxiety, and facilitate easier daily functions. Please bring your yoga mat as we will be lying on the grass.
Nicole Laliberté is the artistic director of Freedom Dances and a Guild Certified Feldenkrais® Practitioner. She has performed with Sidelong Dance Co., Boston Dance Co., EBA Dance Theatre, and Honolulu Dance Theatre, among others. Nicole has danced, taught, and choreographed in Rhode Island, Boston, New York, Hawaii, Virginia, Georgia, North Carolina, and St. Petersburg, Russia. Nicole holds her MFA in Choreography from The University of North Carolina at Greensboro and a BFA in Dance from The Boston Conservatory. Of note, she has taught at UNCG, James Madison University, Meredith College, Darton College, and Greensboro Ballet. Ms. Laliberté has staged choreography at Providence College, UNCG, Boston Conservatory, Boston Dance Complex, Green Street Studios, AS220, James Madison University, Darton College, Rhode Island College, the North Carolina Dance Festival, the Charlotte Dance Festival, Old Dominion University’s Regional Choreographers’ Showcase, Greensboro Fringe Festival, Providence Movement Festival, Fringe PVD, Cary Academy, American Dance Festival’s Acts to Follow Series, Boston Regional Youth America Grand Prix, countless studios nationwide, and in the repertories of Maude Baum and Company, Albany, NY, and Sidelong Dance Company, Winston-Salem, NC.
Outdoor classes are held at the Haus of Glitter Performance Lab + Parq at 97 Admiral Street, Providence, RI.
For free parking, please park in the overflow lot (or Dunkin) near the playground and walk to the north lawn behind the yellow haus in the parq.
COVID-19 precautions for the health & safety of our community:
– We expect participants to practice physical distancing of 10-14 ft. Please bring a cloth mask for your own use. Limited disposable masks will be available on site.
– Please bring a reusable water bottle, towel, and any other materials you need for class.
– Please bring personal hand sanitizer – limited hand sanitizer available on site.
– Please use the restroom before arrival as public restrooms are not available in the parq.
– Participants must purchase and pre-register in advance on the Mindbody app / website