Photo by Michael St. Jean on Flickr. Some rights reserved.Wednesday, April 16, 5:30 – 8pm
AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FREE (buy your own food and drink – it’s cheap)
RSVP on Facebook
Providence-based EdTrips is helping our nation’s teachers take their classes on better field trips. Their web-based platform empowers teachers to find better (curriculum-aligned) trips, collect permission forms & payments, and facilitate all trip-related communication.
On Wednesday the 16th, the Co-Founders, CEO Jakob Garrow and COO Laura Wallendal, will tell their startup’s story, demo their powerful service, and give us a sneak peek at where they’re headed next.
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.