Add to Calendar
May 29, 2021 @ 9:00 am – 10:30 am
Open to adults & youth! Parkour Classes with Trent will build upon new foundations each week to weave together what parkourist called a “LINE”. Parkour is a wonderful, freeing grounding, healthy, and educational practice. This weekly offering is an opportunity to learn more about your body, heighten your senses, and expand your awareness while getting a nice workout!
Trent “TrashGoat” Lee (they/them/theirs or he/him/his) is an artist and educator from Providence, RI. An improv dancer, choreographer and 200-hour yoga alliance certified yoga teacher, Trent specializes in breakdance, contemporary fusion, parkour, tumbling, and yoga as a free-form art and a center in his work as a teaching artist. Trent is a founding member of the Haus of Glitter Dance Company, has performed and taught with Classified Visuals Dance Crew, Daybreaker Crew, The Providence Festival Ballet + Part of the Oath Dance Company, Brown University’s New Works/World Traditions Dance Company, and the TAPA Dance Company. Trent teaches free community yoga and continues his work as a teaching artist with Providence ¡CityArts! for Youth and TAPA Dance. Trent graduated in 2016 from The MET: Metropolitan Career and Technical Center in 2016 and has been a member of the Glitter Goddess Art Collective since 2016. An independent musician and songwriter, and a member of MDV, Trent has released three original albums in collaboration with AM., 2018 “Veronica”, 2019 “Thank God It’s Trash Day”, and 2020 “You Left Me for Dead”. In his free time, Trash focuses on spiritual practice through physical and mental ritual. He enjoys anime, parkour, music, meditation, yoga, and practicing body positivity.
Outdoor classes are held at the Haus of Glitter Performance Lab + Parq at 97 Admiral Street, Providence, RI.
For free parking, please park in the overflow lot (or Dunkin) near the playground and walk to the north lawn behind the yellow haus in the parq.
COVID-19 precautions for the health & safety of our community:
– We expect participants to practice physical distancing of 10-14 ft. Please bring a cloth mask for your own use. Limited disposable masks will be available on site.
– Please bring a reusable water bottle, towel, and any other materials you need for class.
– Please bring personal hand sanitizer – limited hand sanitizer available on site.
– Please use the restroom before arrival as public restrooms are not available in the parq.
– Participants must purchase and pre-register in advance on the Mindbody app / website