Providence, RI 02903
MUSIC PACKAGING INTENSIVE DATES:
- Thursday, April 28th, 7:00-9:00pm (AS220 Media Arts Lab)
- Saturday, April 30th, 10:00am-2:00pm (AS220 Printshop)
- Saturday, May 7th, 10:00am-2:00pm (AS220 Printshop)
- Saturday, May 14th, 10:00am-2:00pm (DWRI Letterpress)
Register online: shop.as220.org/produts/print-your-own-music-packaging
Make your merch table stand out!
In this class, you will create a one or two color, silkscreen printed, CD or tape sleeve. This class is a great opportunity to practice printing a larger edition in the silkscreen studio.
We will have a four-panel CD sleeve template and a J-card template for cassette tapes available prior to the class. You will work with the instructors to match your design to those templates and create positives to print from. The final class will use a Vandercook Proof Press to diecut your finished edition.
- Class 1: Prepress work to prepare imagery and text
- Class 2: Silkscreen printing of your edition
- Class 3: Silkscreen printing of your edition
- Class 4: Diecutting & assembly
The price of the workshop includes 80# Cover stock in a variety of colors for your edition.
*Please note, this is a silkscreen intensive class. Prior silkscreen experience is recommended.
*This course will take place in the AS220 Media Arts Lab, the AS220 Community Printshop, and DWRI Letterpress in Providence, RI. The portion in the Media Arts Lab is optional but strongly recommended as you’ll be able to prepare your files for printing. If you do not wish to attend, you are expected to come to the first class with screen ready positives.