On this November 2, 2015
EIGHT PM EIGHT PM EIGHT PM 88888888
(it’s real – lotsofnoiseatareasonablehour
$6.66 (round up or down at yr discretion)
– remember No Parents? I think it’s like that. members of Kevin Steinhauser and Jack Prime
– Origins in Seattle’s big bog. I learned in an interview on KEXP that Erin Birgy writes a lot of music through SMS. A voice will haunt you through MMS and record grooves, but you can experience the real deal live and in person before that voice turns to ghost or dissipates into our thermodynamic stew.
– from SEATTLE touring with a full band. Zach Burba is a lifer. In his recording studio there is a photograph titled “Neon Saxophone.” Zach grew up in Phoenix where the lizards run. He left the desert for the rainforest, but he still loves the dessert. I put the iji song “Parking Lot Palms” on a lot of mixtapes this year. Zach obtains a lot of wisdom from folk stories as well as advice from tea bags and fortune cookies. Ever have that YOGI tea? In his studio there’s a little note from a YOGI tea bag that says, “Happiness is not a result of your position, rather it is a result of your disposition.” Lastly, but certainly not leastly there is an iji music video that was filmed entirely at SPLASH: THE EXPERIENCE at the Jordan’s Furniture in the Warwick Mall. SPLASH is free to go to and happens every hour on the hour during the week and every half hour during the weekend, Just make sure the store is open.
– ENTER THE PIZZA MIND OF IVY POWERS ALL THE WAY FROM EAST PROVIDENCE. WOW. I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THIS!
– Rhode Island boys or men playing real funky. Amato told me they were gonna get real original for this one.