Balancing wildness and specificity, class will focus on bringing awareness to inner sensation as it paces creative expression to reveal the body’s instincts and inherent musicality. Full bodied dance phrases and ground movement will practice the coordination of effort and release in the body as a route to finding both our freest and deeply rooted dancing.
Stephanie Turner is a dance choreographer, performer and educator based in Providence, RI. Her work evolves from a deep curiosity for learning through the body, building community and using performance as a process of re-enchanting everyday life. She has taught Contact Improvisation and Contemporary Dance as an Adjunct Lecturer at Brown University and Salve Regina University, as an independent artist at Headlong, AS220, RISD and as a teaching fellow at Hampshire and Smith College. As the founder/director of The Movement Exchange she produced dance and theater events, collaborating with local and international artists. Stephanie received her BFA in dance performance from Rhode Island College and MFA in Choreography from Smith College.
Outdoor classes are held at the Haus of Glitter Performance Lab + Parq at 97 Admiral Street, Providence, RI.
For free parking, please park in the overflow lot (or Dunkin) near the playground and walk to the north lawn behind the yellow haus in the parq.
COVID-19 precautions for the health & safety of our community:
– We expect participants to practice physical distancing of 10-14 ft.
– Please bring a cloth mask for your own use. Limited disposable masks will be available on site.
– Please bring a reusable water bottle, towel, and any other materials you need for class.
– Please bring personal hand sanitizer – limited hand sanitizer available on site.
– Please use the restroom before arrival as public restrooms are not available in the parq.
– Participants must purchase and pre-register in advance on the Mindbody app / website