Add to Calendar
July 22, 2021 @ 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Class begins with a short meditation. Dancers will then move together in two to three distinct movement sequences or phrases that travel from the ground up. Basic elements of contemporary dance are executed through these flows. Class is slow-paced and designed for those that may be new to contemporary dance forms and styles or just want to get their bodies warm-uped through a somatic recharge! Expect some opportunities also for improvisation and play!
Lea D’Arminio, a New Jersey/New York City native – currently works as a New England-based performer, dance educator, creator and fitness professional. For 15+ years, Lea has had the honor to perform/collaborate in dance projects both in the US and abroad. Lea also finds great joy in sharing her love for movement with her students – teaching students from 6 to 18+ , in various disciplines – from creative dance to street jazz, yoga, and barre. Lea continues to create with other local performing artists – and is now looking forward to the possibilities of performance in 2021
Outdoor classes are held at the Haus of Glitter Performance Lab + Parq at 97 Admiral Street, Providence, RI.
For free parking, please park in the overflow lot (or Dunkin) near the playground and walk to the north lawn behind the yellow haus in the parq.
– COVID-19 precautions for the health & safety of our community:
– We expect participants to practice physical distancing of 10-14 ft. Please bring a cloth mask for your own use. Limited disposable masks will be available on site.
– Please bring a reusable water bottle, towel, and any other materials you need for class.
– Please bring personal hand sanitizer – limited hand sanitizer available on site.
– Please use the restroom before arrival as public restrooms are not available in the parq.