Bill Evans and Guests Perform Birthday Dance Concert Fundraiser for AS220’s Dance Studio April 12 at 2 PM!
INTERNATIONALLY-KNOWN CHOREOGRAPHER AND DANCER BILL EVANS (AND GUESTS) TO PERFORM 75th BIRTHDAY CONCERT AS A BENEFIT CELEBRATION FOR AS220
BLACK BOX THEATRE, 95 Empire Street, Providence, RI
Sunday, April 12, 2:00pm
Followed by a Champagne Reception at 3:30pm
Buy Tickets Now at Brown Paper Tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/1353634
The April 12th performance will include the following works:
- Three Preludes, Evans’ signature rhythm tap/modern dance solo to music by George Gershwin. He performed it on December 4, 2014 at the Ailey Citygroup Theatre in New York City, when he was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the American Dance Guild Performance Festival.
- Climbing to the Moon, a solo choreographed by Evans and performed by Don Halquist, to an original piano piece by Michael Cava (to whom it is dedicated). A lyrical contemporary work based on a poem and drawing by William Blake.
- Yes, Indeed!, a rhythm tap piece choreographed in 1988, with additional choreography created by Evans and the dancers in 2015. Performed by 12 dance majors from Dean College.
- Interview, a performance art solo with text and direction by the brilliant Claire Porter. This will be Evans’ premiere performance of this humorous work.
- Tres Tangos, an Evans-choreographed duet to music by Valeria Munnarriz, performed by Don Halquist and Jolene Bailie, prominent Canadian modern dance soloist and long-time collaborator with Evans and Halquist.
- Colony, an award-winning Evans modern dance work based on time he spent working with Maori dancers in New Zealand, performed by eight dance majors from Dean College.
- See You Around, a humorous look at corporate/political greed and corruption by the performance artist Claire Porter, performed by Evans and Halquist.